In this episode, we are joined by economist and entrepreneur, Ricardo Amorim. Ricardo is founder and CEO of Ricam Consultoria, a financial and investment consultancy, and recent startups AAA Academy and Smartrips. Ricardo is also the author of the best-selling book, After the Storm, is a host on Brazil’s leading news channel, GloboNews, and is a lecturer and keynote speaker.
What Was Covered
- Why Brazil’s market has been historically volatile, and what Ricardo believes are the solutions to this
- Why Ricardo forecasts that despite a recent ‘economic depression’, Brazil’s economy is set to boom in the next three to five years
- Why Brazil’s agribusiness is set to soar in the near future, and how available land and advancing technology is helping to bring investment to the country’s farmlands
Key Takeaways and Learnings
- How the country is recovering from recent economic crisis by focusing on innovation and startups to rival South America’s smaller markets and the larger global markets
- The challenges that Brazilian companies face in attracting home and foreign business investments, and why this creates hidden opportunities for potential investors
- The role that culture and history have played in Brazil’s tendency towards short term thinking in business and the steps being taken to encourage more of an ‘owners mindset’ to to take advantage of the enormous opportunities in that market
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Get in touch with Ricardo Amorim via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Medium.
- AAA Academy, website
- Smartrips, website
- After the Storm, a book by Ricardo Amorim